I like that word, and appropriately so considering it describes me well as of late. I have this problem. See, every time my husband comes home every single ounce of productivity just goes right out the window and all I want to do is sit and watch Desperate Housewives. I love Netflix. What did people do prior to being able to watch an entire TV series in one sitting? My skin hurts when I think about having to wait a full week to watch the next episode. Too far? Waiting to see the next episode and baby fingernails are hands down the worst ways to torture me!
Moving on. It was a glorious 2 weeks with my husband and children. We celebrated his belated birthday. We celebrated my birthday. Vibrams and diamonds, heyoo! We visited, we gardened, he changed the diapers, made most of the meals, facilitated nearly all of the baths and even washed and folded laundry. It's almost like a vacation when he comes home (see paragraph 1). I married a damn good man.
Now that the little minions and I are back to our solo routine I am trying to make up for my lackadaisical last two weeks and I have spent the last two days being a domestic goddess. I swept the kitchen like 8 times!! I cooked a ton of freezer breakfast things and other random goodies. I cleaned. A lot. Not that you can tell because the offspring see it as their sole purpose in life to undo any doing that I do. Either way, I feel better about the whole slob kabob mom situation. Now, as my two year old sits on the kitchen table eating a grilled cheese and coloring and the baby squirms happily in the pile of junk mail he's strewn about the place, I realize (again and again) that our normal is very much unlike normal's normal. It makes sense to me. I was reminded of this today when my new sister-in-law-to-be (btw my little brother got engaged this past weekend!!) pointed out how much she enjoys observing the way we raise our children and how apparent it is that we have our own methods to the magic. It felt good for someone to compliment my parenting in such a way. Especially considering that about 90 percent of the time I am absolutely certain that I'm ruining my children. So, if you two are adults now and reading this and you're unable to properly function in society, my bad.<3
No comments:
Post a Comment