It's been a little while, so let's dive right in!
There are a few things that have been on my mind lately. One of them has only been on it for about 10 minutes and that is how glad I am that my kiddos sleep in my bed. I tried to go to sleep when the boys all went down, but I hadn't washed my face and all I could think about was how sick nasty my pores felt. So I got up to take care of that when I heard my oldest make this very startling squeal/whimper/cry and despite the fact that I knew he was in my bed snuggled safely next to my husband, a mama never can ignore the distressed cry of her little cub, so I dropped everything and ran to check on him. Of course, as I'd expected, he was still asleep and daddy was already on the ball comforting him. As I stood there trying not to vomit my heart, I realized that had I heard that sound coming from his room I would have... well, there are some things that we can't even imagine our reactions to them. I'm just glad that in that moment, I knew he was safe and just having a bad dream.
*Pause for distressed cries from the baby*
No sooner than I finished writing about the wakings of Gavin does Silas start screaming. I ran into my room, slid into my spot in the bed and offered to nurse him, which always soothes him right back to sleep, but not this time. He cried inconsolably for several minutes, refusing to nurse. I finally took him out of the room and sat back at the computer and he instantly settled back to sleep. Clearly, I need to make a dream catcher.
Speaking of dreams, something I actually have been curious about- what do dogs dream? I always hear my dog making noises in his sleep and I know he's dreaming about barking or he will move his legs as if he is at full speed running (which is funny to see while he's laying on his side) and I just wonder what goes on in a dog's brain while they sleep. Like, we have dreams that we can fly, or that bad guys are after us, or the dimensions of reality are warped, do dogs dream that way? Or is it just run of the mill annoying the mail lady, chasing that black dude on a bike down the street, or digging giant ass holes in my backyard? Do dogs have the capacity to dream about things outside of their grasp? I know I dream about things I can't consciously understand all the time. I know it's not profound (shut up Justin) but I was wondering. Get at me with some research!
I'm going to go snuggle my bambinos and hope they sleep peacefully from here on out. Sweet dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment