My husband is home!!! He got in about 3 days ago so we have been spending lots of family time together and working on our yard. We like yard work. Sorta. I'm so happy to have him home. I have slept in every morning that he's been back and I haven't cleaned the kitchen once! It is always amazing to have help with the kids and house and just have my husband home. It's always nice to hang out with someone you love!
I am so happy to see how happy and calm Gavin has been since his daddy got home. He follows him around all day and helps Austin do things or just has to be near him. It's pretty sweet. He's much more easy going with his dad around and that totally makes my days better!
Poor Silas has had a rough few days. He has had a gnarly fever, cut two teeth, and has slept a ton. But when he's awake he's fussy and clingy and miserable. The fever is gone, but he's still making me crazy.
In other news, tomorrow is my birthday. This proves two things... despite how much I believe in being able to will things to happen (how else do you think I got these abs?) I cannot will the world to skip right over May 2nd. I've realized I should have been a leap year baby, then the world would only ignore my desire to skip my birthday every 4 years. I'd take it. It also proves that, as it turns out, I am not going to die when I'm 22. Unless shit hits the fan in the next 45 minutes. As long as I can remember I have always believed I was gonna kick it at 22. Call me crazy. Really, I would understand. But that is just what I've always believed. I also thought that if it didn't happen at 22 it would probably happen at 23. But I swear, if I make it to 24 (yikes! that just sounds so old!!) then I'll shut up about it. Promise.
I also believe that the day before your birthday should be celebrated. I'd much rather celebrate my last day of being younger than celebrate being another year older. I think the world has this birthday tradition backwards. So, today we went to my mom's and had lunch and Austin and I were given cake and a gift. Since he was away for his birthday and all. Then we came home and planted some junk in the yard, I'm determined to not look like white trash. Pipe dreams. And spent a great day with my favorite men!
PS. Despite my melancholy view on birthdays I am in no way opposed to birthday presents. Particularly if they sparkle. Just saying.
Also, my left boob is as big as Silas' head right now. That might seem awkward to note but when he reads this in 20 years and is totally weirded out, I'm going to giggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment