Friday, April 20, 2012

A Bamboozle!

Since today's post technically belongs to yesterday and I just got around to finishing it today, this day deserves it's own post. But only because it's a special day. Today is Hitler's birthday! Just kidding. But really it is. It's also the anniversary of Columbine. Sad face. It's also the anniversary of the oil spill. Mad face. BUT none of those things are good things. Unless, you're Mrs. Hitler and you don't yet know what kind genocidal maniac you just gave birth to. Any-shnauzer, today is my husband's birthday!!!! It weirds me out that he is so old though. 25!! That means I'm getting older too and I really don't like that concept. I'm still trying to convince myself that I stopped at 17. Teen Mom, heyy!

*Pause for conveniently timed phone call from husband*

As I was saying, today is the day my wonderful husband was born. I adore him! Despite having just had this conversation...
Austin: What are you doing?
Me: I started a blog! I'm writing.
Austin: Ya? What's it about?
Me: Me, pretty much. It's not important like a parenting blog or a cooking blog or fitness blog. It's just me. My life. Mostly since I have no one to talk to most of the time so I just talk to myself in cyber space.
Austin: That's more pathetic than just not having anyone to talk to.

See? He's a charmer, this one. He was a hell raiser (thanks for that genetic code) but he has become an incredible man. I'm blessed he's mine. I wish he weren't hanging out on a barge and swimming in a swamp today and instead was home with us, but we'll celebrate later. He also happens to be one hell of a dad! Seriously, late nights, poopy blow-outs, temper tantrums, discipline, kissing boo boos, focusing on the kid instead of whatever else he's doing, bedtime stories, obnoxious kid shows. He does it all! I hope one day our boys grow up and realize how blessed they are to have a dad like him, and then they decide to be just like him when they become fathers.

Happy Birthday to the man that I love. The man that makes all my dreams come true. I love you more than I could ever tell you! Even if you did bamboozle me into this life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment