My New Year's resolution (hah!) was to start keeping a journal and, well, it's now half way through April and this is the first journally thing I've written. I guess I know why I've never bothered to make a resolution before. Any-schnauzer, I wanted to keep a journal so that I can show my kids when they are grown up, so they can know me if ever I weren't with them anymore, or just so I can remember because, on the real, my memory blows. My oldest son is almost three and already I've forgotten so many things about his babyhood. Like, today we went to an Easter egg hunt and my mom asked if it was Gavin who got half a plastic egg stuck in his mouth when he was a baby. I told her no but half a day later that is starting to sound kinda familiar. See? Awful memory. I really don't want to forget all the cute/ crazy/ and annoying things these kids do. So I can look back and say "awww" or "dude, you're lucky I let you live."
So now you're wondering why I don't just keep all these presh memories safely written in a cutely crafted notebook, right? That was my plan. I don't think I'm much of a "blogger" but we'll see because I am apparently also not a traditional journaler considering I've been meaning to get to it for four months.
Soo, I guess I'll just jump right in and you can get to know me along the way. A few basics though. I'm the mom- I always win (an important lesson when you're two and insanely stubborn.) I have two amazing and wild little boys, 2 and 8 months old and I also happen to be married to the best husband in the history of husbands. I'm 22, despite my very best efforts to stay 17 forever. My husband is a commercial diver which takes him away from home for a significant part of the year, leaving me to figure out how to muscle my way through motherhood and baby stages and flying solo. In the last several years of living this lifestyle I've come to learn that... All You've Got to Keep is Strong.
I tend to update my facebook with way too many quotes from Gavin so I might as well publish them here too. Today at the grocery store and at home while I cleaned he kept asking me "is there anything I can do to help?" Heart sufficiently melted!`
No comments:
Post a Comment