Friday, April 20, 2012

The calm before the storm

Earlier this afternoon I had to take the car to the dealership to get the shocks fixed on the tailgate door... thing. On the way there both boys fell asleep and since I often dream of sticking them in the car and just driving, so I can forget all the chaos for just a while, that's what we did. Sorta. See, gas being 4 bucks a gallon makes joyriding hard to swallow, instead I got some awful food (and by awful I mean loaded with who knows what, but tastes so good!) a giant cherry limeade and parked in an empty lot. I put the windows down and enjoyed the breeze and my music. It was peace. Austin, the husband, called and it was so nice to talk to him without all the madness swirling around me. I miss that man when he's gone.

I had hopes that the rest of my day would be just as beautiful and peaceful, but who am I kidding? I knew to enjoy the little moment while it lasted. Once the offspring woke up and the whining started and the crying slowly got louder and louder, reality snapped back into focus and the rest of the day was grocery shopping temper tantrums and more threats to leave my defiant toddler in the store/car/with that hobo chillin under the bridge than I can count. But, finally, it got late and eyes got tired and as I put my sweet hellians to bed I caught a breath of that peacefulness from the afternoon, the calm before the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment